Friday, July 10, 2009

Brain Fitness - Free Crossword Puzzle

Are you in a rut? Doing the same things day after day? Or not doing much of anything at all? Have you become a couch potato?

We all have a daily routine: Regular times to eat, sleep, shower, watch TV and work. There's nothing wrong with having a routine. As a full time caregiver for my mom, who's no longer independent, I thrive on routine. That way, both of us know what needs to be done and the schedule keeps us on track.

But, stimulating your brain with something new is the way to learn and grow. It's also one way to improve memory and concentration.

Brain exercise is an important part of staying healthy. One way to challenge your brain is to play games - Any game that you find fun and stimulating.

Here's a free online crossword puzzle. There's a new one every day, so come back often to play.


Games at Miniclip.com - Crossword Daily
Crossword Daily

Complete the crossword as quickly as you can.

Play this free game now!!

What other things can you do to improve memory?

2 comments:

Virginia said...
July 18, 2009 at 11:31 AM

This is so true Marilyn. I've found the more I challenge my brain - the more questions I ask, or research I do - has actually been helping to improve my memory. Grade school wasn't a challenge as it was mainly repetition or memorization.

Marilyn Kvasnok said...
July 18, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Thanks, Virginia. You're right. The important thing is to keep learning. It doesn't have to be a game. It can be anything that makes you stretch and grow - brainwise, that is. It could even be blogging. :-)

~Marilyn

Post a Comment

About Me

Marilyn KvasnokI’ve gone from green thumb to living green. After spending 20 years of summers out in the yard – planting flowers and vegetables, watering, weeding and reaping the harvest – I’m now going green with the realization that we need to take care of ourselves, our families and the earth. And I found a company to help me do it. I’m a Shaklee distributor.

So, now I’m into a more natural lifestyle. I’m still eating lots of fruits and vegetables, even though they’re not coming from my garden. The big change is eating less processed foods and faithfully taking my vitamins.

It didn’t happen overnight. It was a series of little changes that added up to a healthy lifestyle. And it doesn’t stop here. I continue to reevaluate and make little changes. So, it’s true, the only constant is change.

I'm a full time caregiver for my mom, who's no longer independent. And I support myself with a home business.

I believe we all need to continue to learn and grow. So, I got a computer when they started to be sold to regular folk. And I embraced the Internet when the best I could do was email. It's been a great ride and now here I am - Blogging!

View my complete profile

.

New to RSS Feeds?

Start by registering with a reader service. I like Google. Then, subscribe using the RSS feed below. Every new post will be sent to your reader account. As you add RSS feeds to other blogs, they will be consolidated in one place - Your reader. So then, instead of visiting several blogs everyday, the blog posts can come to you!
Subscribe in a reader

Monthly Drawing

Enter the monthly drawing
for over $200 in GREEN products.

.

Visit My Friends

Labels


Blog Archive